How to Use Your Bubble Magic Extracting Washing Machine
So you’ve got your new Bubble Magic Extracting Washing Machine and now you’re wondering how to use it?
We’ve got some simple instructions to help you get started with ice water extraction (IWE).
This is a super easy process, doesn’t take too long, and is a great way to make lavender and other herbal extracts.
Here’s what you’ll need before we get started:
- Bubble Magic Extraction Machine: Five or Twenty Gallon model
- 1 Zipper Washing Extraction Bag
- Set of Extraction Bags (Depending on the set, this could be a set of 3,4,5, or 8 bags)
- 1 bucket equivalent in size to your extraction machine. 5 Gallon bucket for 5 Gallon Extracting Machines, 20 Gallon Bucket for 20 Gallon Extracting Machines.
- Ice and water — Preferably RO (Reverse Osmosis) water for best results.
- Flat drying sheet (For when we’re done)
- The plant material — It’s best if this has been in the freezer for at least one hour before starting the extraction process.
1) Prepare your bags and bucket
Line your bucket with extraction bags. Start with the lowest micron bag you have. This should be the 25 micron bag. Once that’s in, line the bucket with the next largest bag. Repeat until all your bags are lining the bucket with the largest micron bag (typically the 220 micron bag) on top.
2) Prepare the extraction machine
Fill the machine to about half way with a mixture of RO water and ice. A temperature of about 41 F is ideal.
3) Prepare your plant material
Add your frozen (remember, it should have been in the freezer for at least an hour before starting!) plant material to your washing extraction bag.
Zip it up. Don’t forget to double check the zipper to be safe.
4 ounces is a good amount of material for the 5 gallon machine.
4) Add the plant material and start the Bubble Magic Extracting Machine
Place the bag containing your plant material into the extracting machine. Add more RO water and ice until the machine is full.
Set the timer for 15 minutes and let the machine go to work!
You should see a nice foamy head with the machine running.
5) Remove the bag
Once the 15 minutes are up it’s time to drain. Start by taking the bag out of the machine. Squeeze any excess water/plant mixture out of the bag and into the machine then set the bag aside.
We’re done with it.
Take the drain hose and place it into the bucket/bag setup we made earlier. Switch the machine into drain mode and let the mixture flow out. Rinse the machine with water to get everything drained out.
Slowly remove the top bag from the bucket. Rinse with water to flush any excess material. Turn it inside out and collect your material. Place it on the drying sheet. Repeat for each bag.
There you have it, you’re done! Hope that helps. If you have any other ice water extraction tips, let us know, we’d love to hear them!
If you're interested in getting started with ice water extraction we have the 5 Gallon Bubble Magic Extracting Machine plus Extraction Bags as well as the 20 Gallon Bubble Magic Extracting Machine plus Extraction Bags available in the store!