Best Gorilla Grow Tents for Hydroponics
What is a Grow Tent
A grow tent is a portable room that is used to grow plants indoors. A grow tent usually features a canvas exterior and a reflective interior to increase the effectiveness of the grow lights. A grow tent provides space for hydroponic gardening. Hydroponic gardening is a fancy word for growing plants with mineral nutrients instead of soil. It is also possible to use soil to grow plants in a grow tent. It features insulated walls that ensure the ideal climate for the plants inside. Inside a grow tent, there is a special light that simulates sunlight to plants.
Why Use a Grow Tent
A grow tent can be very helpful for people that desire to grow plants all year round. A grow tent also allows for a controlled environment. With a grow tent you can control the light, water, temperature and humidity depending on the conditions that your plants need. Another feature about grow tents that is often understated is the convenience of a grow tent. With an indoor garden, you can tend to your garden regardless of the weather outside. You can also put your grow tent anywhere in your house, making it easily accessible for whatever tasks there may be at hand.
How to Set Up a Grow Tent
There are many important factors that lead to a successful crop when setting up a grow tent. Below are some key points that you will want to take care of before you start growing.
In a grow tent, airflow is critical to a plant's success. It is important to note that humid air is lighter than the air surrounding it, so it will rise to the top of the tent. Furthermore, CO2, which is essential for plant growth will settle near the bottom of the tent. A fan located on the bottom of your grow tent can help with balancing out the level of humidity and the distribution of CO2.
The humidity of the air within the tent is also critical for the plants' success. When managing the humidity level, it is important to keep it consistent. Plants have a hard time adapting to change. If you find that your tent has a relatively high level of humidity, a dehumidifier may be a potential solution to combat this problem.
On the other hand, there are also many ways to increase the humidity within your grow tent. You can start off by purchasing a humidifier. Secondly, you can place trays of water or wet cloths wherever possible. The heat from the grow lamp will evaporate the water and add humidity to the environment. Another option would be to place large plants in the grow tent. Through the respiration process, water vapour will be released. Lastly, an increase in humidity can also be achieved by decreasing the temperature inside or outside of the tent. Cooler air has a higher density, translating to a higher level of water vapour. Regarding this principle, it would also make sense to place your grow room tent in your basement, where the air is the densest if you want to increase the humidity.
Most indoor grow tents do not come with a ventilation system, and it is often advised that you install one. Without an air filtration system, the grow tent has the potential to become very stagnant. The image below depicts an ideal setup for a ventilation system. One reason to use a ventilation system is because it can remove the heat that rises above the light. The system also ensures a continuous airflow between the outside environment and the tent. Ventilation is critical to maintaining healthy plants, elimination odours and maintaining clean air.
Why Buy a Gorilla Grow Tent
When it comes to buying the right grow tent, how do you know which one is right for you? The rest of the article examines the Gorilla Grow Tent and why this tent is ideal for beginners and experts alike.
To start off, Gorilla Grow tents are the thickest, strongest, and the most durable grow tents on the market. They have the ability to increase vertically and to instantly increase growth space.
Gorilla Grow tents feature an adjustable height extension kit that gives you the ability to increase your growing space height from 7’ to 8’ or 9’ tall.
Other grow tents are limited to a certain height, and they are not adjustable. Plants need space, do not compromise your yields with an unadjustable grow tent.
If space is an issue, then look no further, the Gorilla Grow Tent SHORTY version is perfect. It has been designed to fit in small spaces like basements, attics and small rooms.
Gorilla Grow tents and GGT Shorty tents are made with 1680D threaded, reflective fabric, which is up to 3 - 9x denser than any other grow tent set up!
All Gorilla Grow tents feature diamond-shaped walls that are conducive to reflecting the most light.
Gorilla Grow tents and GGT Shorty tent frames are up to 2 - 5x times stronger than any other grow tent in the world. The poles are made out of metal that have fasteners to securely lock the tent into place. The tents also come with thick viewing windows to watch your plants grow. Each tent has tightly reinforced seals, strong zippers and fabric that provide ultimate durability.
The Difference Between the Normal, Shorty and LITE line of Gorilla Grow Tents
Gorilla has chosen to offer three different options when it comes to which tent you buy.
- The Gorilla Grow Tent Line is the standard tent that features all the bells and whistles.
- The Lite Line is a more affordable option. This tent is lighter because the fabric is less dense.
- The Shorty Line features all the bells and whistles of the standard line, but it starts at 2 feet shorter than the rest.
Each tent has many different options in regards to the sizing of the tent. Regardless of the space that you have, there is a Gorilla Grow tent that will fit your home. Click here to find out more about the sizing that is available.
Why You Need a Gorilla Grow Tent for Hydroponics
Gorilla Grow tents have been received the Best Grow Tent Award in 2013, 2014, and 2015 making them one the best grow tents on the market.
Gorilla Grow tents were founded upon the basis that there were no other high-quality grow tents out there. Since day one, Gorilla Grow tents have strived to deliver quality and durability with all of their products.
Furthermore, this makes them the ideal choice for beginners and experts. The tent provides beginners with a tent that allows for the ideal conditions to breed success. If you are starting out with hydroponics, why not chose to use the best products to increase your chances of success? The tent is also optimal for experts as it comes in many different configurations, and it has the ability to add in extensions. With Gorilla Grow tents, your plants are not limited to the size of the tent!
What sets the Gorilla Grow tent apart from the competition is the weight to strength ratio. Gorilla Grow tents are strong, lightweight, and they also feature superior insulation design. With a Gorilla Grow tent, it is also possible to hang plants from the middle support beams within the tent. The support beams have the ability to support up to 500lbs! That's enough to support a full-grown gorilla:)
Special Features of a Gorilla Grow Tent
Check out 10 special features that set the Gorilla Grow tent apart from the competition.
- Special infrared blocking roof - all Gorilla Grow tents feature special material in the roof that cools the tent, allowing for a more controlled environment.
- Adjustable height roof
- Diamond-shaped reflective walls - ideal for reflecting light in all different directions
- Viewing windows - watch your plants grow!
- Adjustable vent doors
- Industrial strength zippers
- Heavy-duty spill tray - gardening is messy; the Gorilla Grow tent will not hold you back
- Rear access door
- Large gauge all steel poles - get ready for some serious strength
- Thickest 1680D material - proper insulation
10 Simple Steps to Install a Gorilla Grow Tent
Gorilla Grow Tents have an intuitive design. Check out these simple steps, and you will be well on your way to becoming a successful grow tent gardener.
- Unpack the contents and check that all the parts are present
- Unfold the tent
- Assemble the framework inside of the tent's floor - make sure all poles are secure - add the extension at this time if you have one
- Place the roof of the tent on top of the frame
- Slowly guide each of the corners gradually onto the frame
- If you are using an extension - zip the extension onto the roof of the tent
- Lift the back wall up - use a friend to help you hold up the tent - engage zippers
- Install the ceiling support poles
- Install the spill tray, with the reflective side up - use the velcro to secure the tent
6 Simple Steps For Installing a Gorilla Grow Tent Extension
Do you need to increase your grow space? Follow these steps to watch your plants increase their yields.
- Remove the roof, sides, and the poles that run horizontally along the top of the tent
- Add the extension pieces
- Add the corner pieces and reinstall the vertical pieces along the side of the
- Place the roof of the tent on the frame
- Add the extension skirt
- Attach the velcro assist straps to the extension piecen and zip the body of the tent to the extension
Why purchase a grow kit extension?
- Increase yields - more usable growing height allows you to cultivate larger plants
- Keep your plants away from the heat! Heat rises, allow your plants to produce a high yield by keeping the temperature at the bottom of the grow tent ideal for growing.
- Say goodbye to back pain - place your plants on a small table and allow yourself to stand up in your oasis.
Check out these extension kits below
Buy With Confidence
Come see what other customers have said about these products!
Lius Ortega said "I have never had a tent so durable and useful I am satisfied with the product that I received."
Nuggert said "Easy to set up and outstanding quality compared to other companies. If you are looking for a grow tent buy Gorilla it will last years and it is worth the money."
Verified reviews from Trustpilot
- Tags: grow tents